No doubt, other physical therapies work well in treating a specific injury, providing rehabilitation or healing the body after a trauma or a physical change such as strenuous sporting activity or pregnancy. However, the tremendous benefits of osteopathy can be felt throughout the body. That is to say, it delivers valuable long-term rehabilitative treatment that not only helps promote healing but also prevents injury.
Although many people are getting osteopathic in Dubai, this article sheds light on some of the principal holistic benefits associated with this treatment.
WHAT IS OSTEOPATHIC MANIPULATIVE TREATMENT?
There is a common question that hovers around the minds of the millions, “What and how does an osteopath treat?” Surprisingly, it treats everything. It is known as a holistic treatment in the medical lexicon.
This means that apart from considering medical aspects of the body, the osteopathic treatment also takes into account social and mental factors that are responsible for creating a specific health predicament.
Osteopathic physicians believe that a problem in one part of the body affects the entire system and its ability to heal itself. So, any treatment that is given is measured accordingly so as to provide relief to the whole body. Therefore, the benefits of osteopathy are felt throughout the whole musculoskeletal system as well as mental health improvement.
STRENGTHENS IMMUNE SYSTEM
One of the most significant benefits of osteopathy is the positive effect it causes on the immune system. According to the treatment, the structure and function of the body are interlinked. It, therefore, strengthens the fact that osteopathy enables the body to boost immunity. There are many ways it can do this:
- It can help to enhance the functioning of thoracic mobility and accentuate lymphatic drainage. Such techniques help to improve the lymphatic system, which in turn regulates the overall body’ function and its overall immunity.
- It plays an integral role in improving mental health and endorsing a feeling of overall well being. For example, regular massage treatment regulates the functioning of the sympathetic nervous system which controls the fight/flight reflexes of the body. If you are stress, then it causes the sympathetic nervous system to overdrive. This gives rise to adrenal stress, which in turn causes negative consequences on the other organs of the body.
- Overall, osteopathy rebalances the body’s nervous system and restores mobility and motion of the joints. This, in turn, strengthens the body’s overall immunity.
Those people who are experiencing chronic aches or pains like lower back pain can go for osteopathic medicine. Other benefits include:
- Aims to remove the factor responsible for underlying acute or chronic pain (through its non-invasive manual treatments)
- Treats poor spinal posturing (poor posture), which causes chronic aches and pains.
- Ameliorates neck pain, tension-related headaches, and chronic migraine headache.
- Acts as a holistic rehab process to speedily recover from sports injuries
- Alleviate sufferers showing the signs of asthma and even irritable bowel syndrome
- Helps those who are suffering from arthritis. While arthritis is a degenerative process that has no known cure, osteopaths can help in the treatment of muscle to achieve an optimal standard. This is done to make sure that any movement of the muscle followed by any load placed on it, is divided as evenly as possible.
TREATS SLEEPING DISORDERS
As per the recent analysis, osteopathy has proved to be beneficial in treating sleeping disorders and insomnia related problems.
A splinter-branch of traditional osteopathy, also known as cranial osteopathy, treats the whole body. It especially treats the problems associated with the skull, neck, and upper spine. Cranial osteopathy, of course, assists cranial osteopaths, as they try to figure out the parts causing pain or discomfort from the upper spine upwards.
Therefore, cranial osteopathy is a knowingly refined treatment intended to improve the functioning of the body’s central nervous system. This, in turn, treats insomnia.
In a nutshell, many people want to treat their problems with some alternative methods. That is why searches like “physiotherapy near me” is getting common. If you also want to explore the benefits of osteopathy as well, look no further and pay a visit to the best physiotherapists near you.